The Sainsbury’s gift card team is responsible for delivering market leading gift card and multi-retail voucher programmes for all the Sainsbury’s group brands. We are operating in a dynamic, fast paced market and our multi-brand gift card offer give us the potential to offer something truly distinctive to our customers.
Working within the sales team the role gives you the opportunity to work across a variety of sectors while owning the strategic vision for a series of multimillion pound accounts, including gift cards, MRV and JS energy. You need to have great people skills to build relationships, a strategic mind to develop your sales plan and superb commercial acumen to make sure that everything we are doing is making money. Our Account Managers have a passion for understanding, exploring and driving improvements to performance, continually balancing the impact on our customers and our P&L. You will be an expert in the gift card field, representing the business in the gift card market, spotting new commercial opportunities to grow our business or make it more efficient to run.
What I need to do
- Drive the success of the gift card programme
- Autonomously own all accounts sales delivery planning and management and negotiation of contracts
- Develop a winning sales strategy for each account, pro-actively identifying opportunities to grow both sales and profit, owning the delivery of your account plan
- Be the face of gift cards for each of your accounts
- Run a best-in-class promotional plan for each account
- Represent all the brands under the Sainsbury’s group
- Understanding and reporting on the weekly trading numbers for gift card programmes, clearly articulate week-on-week and year-on-year movements, as well as providing rationale for our performance
- Continually identify opportunities and initiatives to increase participation and driving value in our gift card products. Working with the strategy team, develop and implement plans to realise these, including test and learns, managing cross-functional groups to deliver
- Providing commercial input for the budgeting and forecasting for the gift card programme
- Effectively identifying and managing risks, issues, and dependencies.
Work collaboratively with team, wider business, and industry
- Work collaboratively with the team to create a stretching strategy for sales growth
- Be an expert on the gift card market, our competitors, and the products we offer
- Spot opportunities in the market and work with the strategy team to make reality
- Work across divisional boundaries to develop best practice
- Identify broader opportunities to grow gift card sales externally and internally in the business, adapting trading plans as necessary
- Be an advocate of our programme in internal and external forums
- Draw upon the broader team and cross functional support functions to help execute your selling strategy
- Influence and inspire across the gift card team and the broader business to build the gift card brand
What I need to know
- Proven delivery of sales growth – you will be responsible for delivering growth plans for the gift card programme
- Commercially minded – understanding of how to grow sales profitably and reduce costs, along with experience of negotiation
- Financial competence - ability to analyse and understand financial information and contribute to weekly and periodic updates to the business
- Gift Card market knowledge – an understanding of the UK gift card market would be highly advantageous
- Good market awareness – B2C and B2B retail market knowledge and familiar with economic, financial, competitor and customer information
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to support decision making
- Excellent Account Management skills - Ability to build long lasting, commercially viable relationships though confidence, trust, and experience. Is passionate about our products and delivering excellent customer service
- Team working skills - must be comfortable working in cross functional teams
- Own all customer-level KPIs, including forecasting and performance tracking
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills - You’ll have the ability to communicate to customers and internal stakeholders with impact and articulate complex data to a wide array of audiences
What I need to show
- Highly commercial approach with outstanding problem-solving skills and a strong customer instinct with experience in delivering successful sales growth plans
- Hunger for success - Spotting opportunities to beat our competitors, gain market share and make these happen through influencing others
- Stakeholder management skills with the ability to engage stakeholders internally and externally to support in delivery of goals
- Strong communication skills with ability to build and manage relationships (internally and externally), actively listening to customers and acting on feedback
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to think outside the box, enthusiastic about getting involved and tenacity to see tasks through to completion
- Able to work collaboratively with a range of people to support the wider business agenda.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, willing to react to feedback and change and adapt plans accordingly
- Strong influencing and relationship-building skills, across all levels
- Drive and self-motivation, ability to work at pace whilst bringing others on the journey. Responds to challenging priorities with a sense of urgency and pace. Bounces back from disappointments with renewed determination.
- Ability to plan, and to take a pragmatic approach to meet required deadlines with little guidance
- Personal resilience, whilst also being able to reflect and learn. You’ll be proactive in asking for and acting on feedback.
- Always Customer-focused to ensure we create the right outcomes for customers and the business